With Father’s Day quickly approaching — it’s this weekend, Sunday, June 20 — why not look to New Orleans’s top restaurants and bars to help show your appreciation for the paternal figure in your life? Here, Eater New Orleans gathers the best Father’s Day specials and events revolving around food and drink. Find everything from dry-aged steaks at Cochon Butcher, cigars and vintage spirits at cocktail gem Jewel of the South, to a DIY cake mix with all the Dad’s day decorations from Ralph’s on the Park.
Know of a Father’s Day special or event that is missing? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Classy French Quarter cocktail haven Jewel of the South is hosting a cigar night for Father’s Day on Sunday, June 20, in its lovely courtyard. For $135 per person (excluding tax and gratuity), the evening includes a daiquiri, wagyu beef and bone marrow dish, one cigar, and one pour of J.G. Monnet & Co. Cognac. Additional food and beverage will be available a la carte. (1026 Saint Louis Street)
- SoBou, the W New Orleans’s extravagant bar and restaurant in the French Quarter, is offering a twist on its weekly Legs & Eggs burlesque brunch for Father’s Day — the “Tie One on Dad” Experience includes a tie from local accessory shop, NOLA Couture, presented by burlesque performer Bella Blue. Call or check OpenTable to reserve your spot at the W for Father’s Day brunch this Sunday, June 20 between 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. (310 Chartres Street)
- Warehouse District meat hub Cochon Butcher is a one-stop shop for any potential Father’s Day cookouts, with five cuts of steak and hot dogs, pork chops, sausages, and chicken all ready to go in the front of house butcher case. There are also grilling packages, trays, and sides, all available to preorder for pickup here. And if Dad’s a fan but lives out of town, remember that Butcher is on Goldbelly. (930 Tchoupitoulas Street)
- In honor of Father’s Day, Faubourg Brewing is hosting live music and a golf challenge — make a hole in one on your first attempt — at the new floating golf green putting station — and be rewarded with a bunch of Faubourg merch (and beer). There’s also a great lineup of live music, 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., June 20. (3501 Jourdan Road)
- Ralph’s on the Park has an opportunity for the kids to pitch in and make Dad an edible gift — it’s selling a DIY cake kit with edible decorations and cake toppers for a double-layer 9-inch cake (in chocolate or funfetti) along with a white fondant canvas. Order for pickup on Friday, June 18 or Saturday, June 19 between 3 and 5 p.m.; the $45 kit makes a cake to serves 16-20 people. (900 City Park Avenue)
- For the entire month of June, Alon Shaya’s Uptown stunner Saba is donating $1 from every Raines Farm ribeye sold at the restaurant to Son of a Saint, a local nonprofit that connects young men with mentors. The ribeye is served with black harissa, grilled spring onion, and king trumpet mushrooms; reservations at Saba can be made here. (5757 Magazine Street)