As New Orleanians continue to follow the statewide stay-at-home order, this year’s Easter may not involve a leisurely restaurant brunch or the whole neighborhood gathered ‘round the buffet table, but there are still plenty of options for a well-cooked meal. Below are local restaurants serving up special Easter menus for curbside pickup or delivery this Sunday.
Did we miss a restaurant offering an Easter meal for pickup or delivery? Let us know. This guide will continue to be updated through Friday, April 10.
- Andrea’s Restaurant: This Metairie Italian favorite is offering whole pan lasagna, braised lamb shank osso buco, prime rib, veal piccata, and more for curbside pickup or delivery. Call (504) 834-8583.
- Chez Nous Charcuterie: The huge Easter menu at Chez Nous can be ordered for delivery on Saturday. Deviled eggs, seafood gumbo, spiral ham, grillades and cheese grits, spinach casserole — they have everything. Call to order: (504) 899-7303.
- Messina’s Runway Cafe: Messina’s Easter takeout menu covers all the mouth-watering bases. Call (504) 241-5300 or (504) 469-7373 by 5 p.m. on Thursday, April 9 to order. Delivery available for orders over $200, or pickup on Easter Sunday from 9 a.m. to noon.
- Toups’ Meatery: On Easter Sunday, Toups’ specialty brunch items will be available for pickup and delivery from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., in addition to the regular curbside takeout menu. The restaurant is also offering “Family Meal” at 3 p.m. (until they run out) free of charge for the needy and/or those in the service industry. Call ahead to order and to let them know if you’re coming by for family meal — (504) 252-4999.
- Coquette: Starting Thursday at 1 p.m., chef Kristen Essig’s delicious-looking Easter menu will be available for preorder. The meal for four (fully cooked with re-heating instructions) includes gumbo z’herbes, leg of lamb, cabbage and potato gratin, heirloom carrot salad, a loaf of ciabatta, and coconut tres leches for $200. Call (504) 265-0421 to order for pickup on Saturday or Sunday.
- Galatoire’s: Order cold appetizers, oysters Rockefeller, gumbos and turtle soup, sides, and dessert for two to five people for pickup on Saturday between noon and 2 p.m. or 4 to 7 p.m. Orders must be placed by Friday at 2 p.m. by calling (504) 525-2021 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Landry’s Seafood House: Order fried shrimp, grilled salmon, top sirloin, blackened mahi and more from Landry’s Easter menu by Friday, April 10.
- Ralph’s on the Park: A classic spot for Easter brunch, Ralph’s is offering its curbside menu for pickup if ordered by April 10 at 4 p.m. Call (504) 488-1000.
- Rizzuto’s Ristorante & Chop House: Rizzuto’s is serving up family-style Italian dishes, appetizers like meatballs and marinated mushrooms, and of course, cannolis for curbside pickup on Easter Sunday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Call (504) 300-1804.
- Zea: Pre-order now through Thursday, April 9, to pick up Zea’s Easter lamb dinner on Sunday. $70 for four, served with rice, 2 pints of sides, Caesar or house salad, and unsweetened iced tea.
Cook at Home With Help From NOCHI
New Orleans’s top-notch new culinary school NOCHI is offering a demo with culinary director and chef Leah Sarris on how to prepare a roasted leg of lamb with spring sides. Participants can register in advance online, and will be sent a grocery list, recipe, and Zoom password.