Owner Scott Wood told Mid City Messenger that Courtyard cleared its regulatory hurdles with the City Council last week, after getting conditional approval from the City Planning Commission in February to build a nearly 10,000 square-foot bar and restaurant on the Lafitte Greenway.
Wood, who opened the nano-brewery on Erato Street in the LGD four years ago, said he plans to open the more “grown up” second location at 2745 Lafitte Avenue, near Broad Street, by Jazz Fest 2020. Excitingly, the folks behind national sandwich phenom Turkey and the Wolf will run the kitchen, their third in New Orleans after opening breakfast spot Molly’s Rise and Shine on Magazine Street late last year.
Turkey and the Wolf owner Mason Hereford told Eater the team behind his LGD hotspot will create and sell the food in the Courtyard’s kitchen, but haven’t been involved in the planning or building of the brewery.
Do you have a hot restaurant tip? Noticed a spot in your neighborhood opening or closing? Send an email.
Looking for restaurant recs or a place to chat about favorite restaurants? Join Eater NOLA’s Facebook group.
- Courtyard Brewery plans to open on Lafitte Greenway by Jazz Fest 2020 [MIDCITYMESSENGER]
- Lake Charles Cold Pressed Juice Upstart Expands to Metairie [ENOLA]
- The Radical Sandwich Kings of New Orleans [EATER]
- Turkey and the Wolf’s New Breakfast Spot Opens its Doors Today [ENOLA]
- A New Beer Garden Along The Lafitte Greenway Opens on Sunday [ENOLA]