New Orleans-based mini-chain, Ruby Slipper, will open its tenth location on Decatur Street this September, taking over the spot formerly occupied Olivier’s Creole Restaurant, which shuttered in 2015 after 20 years at that location. The Decatur Street Ruby Slipper is the sixth location for the breakfast and brunch cafe in New Orleans.
Owners Jennifer and Erich Weishaupt opened the first Ruby Slipper in Mid City in 2008, where former Ruby Slipper employee Christopher Belou recently opened Fullblast Brunch. Ruby Slipper has filed a federal lawsuit accusing Belou of violating trade secrets laws, breach of contract, and fraud.
Ruby Slipper has four other locations around the Gulf Coast and in Baton Rouge.
Do you have a hot restaurant tip? Send an email. Let us get the facts.
Looking for restaurant recs or a place to chat about favorite restaurants? Join Eater NOLA’s Facebook group.
- All New Orleans Coming Attractions Coverage [ENOLA]
- The Brunch Heatmap: Where to Eat Brunch Right Now in New Orleans [ENOLA]
- Olivier’s Creole Restaurant Shutters In The French Quarter [ENOLA]
- Ruby Slipper To Open 10th restaurant; This One on Decatur [NOLA.COM]
- What’s Next for the Ruby Slipper? Homegrown Brunch Brand To Open New Restaurant in French Quarter [ADVOCATE]
- Ruby Slipper Cafe Owners Sue Ex-Employee Over New Restaurant [ENOLA]
- Fullblast Brunch Lifts Off in Mid-City But Faces a Legal Fight with Ruby Slipper [ADVOCATE]