Big news for those who can hardly wait until they don’t have to drive out to Manchac and wait for a table in the often uber-crowded Middendorf’s while that miniature train goes around and around and around the ceiling: The catfish institution’s new outpost in Slidell will seat 300 people, enough to possibly take some of the pressure off the Manchac location, and construction has already begun.
With plans to open in the spring of 2019, NOLA.COM reports that the building at will be over 14,000-square feet with a 2,000-square foot deck. Like the Manchac location, there will be a sandy play area for the kiddos and some water features. No major changes are planned for the menu.
The new outpost of the 80-year old catfish institution is taking shape at 1951 Oak Harbor Boulevard.
Do you have a hot restaurant tip? Noticed a spot in your neighborhood opening or closing? Send an email. Let us get the facts.
Looking for restaurant recs or a place to chat about favorite restaurants? Join Eater NOLA’s Facebook group.
- Middendorf’s To Build Second Restaurant in Slidell [NOLA.COM]
- Middendorf’s Slidell Location Set To Open in Spring of 2019 [NOLA.COM]
- Middendorf’s Is Opening a Second Location in Slidell [ENOLA]
- All Middendorf’s Coverage [ENOLA]
- All New Orleans Coming Attractions Coverage [ENOLA]
- Middendorf’s Building Second Restaurant in Slidell [CITY BUSINESS]