Catalino’s restaurant (7724 Maple St.)will start serving Guatemalan food on Maple Street this year in the spot that recently housed Hummus, an outpost of Metairie’s Hummus & More. Hummus opened in December 2017.
Before that the space was the longtime home of Babylon Cafe, a neighborhood favorite for over 15 years. Hummus, which has already closed, didn’t change much of the interior and served a very similar menu to Babylon’s. (Catalino’s is currently renovating the interior.)
Insomnia Cookies is also coming to Maple Street this year.
Eater has reached out to Catalino’s, but no one was immediately available to comment.
- Babylon Cafe on Maple Street Has Closed [ENOLA]
- A Late-Night Cookie Shop Will Start Baking on Maple Street [ENOLA]
- Hummus & More Swings Open on Maple Street [ENOLA]
- All New Orleans Coming Attractions Coverage [ENOLA]
- All New Orleans Restaurant Closure Coverage [ENOLA]
- All Restaurants That Closed in 2018 [ENOLA]
Do you have a hot restaurant tip? Noticed a spot in your neighborhood opening or closing? Send an email. Let us get the facts.
Looking for restaurant recs or a place to chat about favorite restaurants? Join Eater NOLA’s Facebook group.