Hot on the heels of Eater National’s story on the national wine bar trend and whether Americans are ready to embrace it, St. Claude Avenue is getting ready to add yet another one. Todd Price reports that musician Bruce McDaniel and Arabella Casa Di Pasta restaurant owner Mowgli Pierlas will open Estaño, a Spanish Basque Country-themed wine bar and cafe with a courtyard at 2266 St. Claude Avenue in July.
The wine bar will serve Spanish small plates, wines, ciders, and canned seafood (like the wine bar N7, located about a mile away) with breakfast, lunch, and light late afternoon plates. In the fall, the restaurant will expand hours and open the courtyard.
In April, three MoPho alums announced plans to open Saint Germain, a Paris-themed wine bar with a courtyard, on 3054 St. Claude Ave — just a mile down St. Claude from Estaño. Saint Germain is also planning a summer opening.
Do you have a hot restaurant tip? Noticed a spot in your neighborhood opening or closing? Send an email. Let us get the facts.
Looking for restaurant recs or a place to chat about favorite restaurants? Join Eater NOLA’s Facebook group.
- A Spanish Cafe and Bar Called Estaño Planned for St. Claude Avenue [NOLA.COM]
- How Chefs Are Making Wine Bars Happen in America [E]
- Three MoPho Alums Plot Saint Germain, a Paris-Style Wine Bar and Bistro in the Bywater [ENOLA]
- All N7 Coverage [ENOLA]
- All Saint Germain Coverage [ENOLA]
- All New Orleans Coming Attractions Coverage [ENOLA]