Anthony Bourdain, who has admitted to a Popeyes mac and cheese obsession on multiple occasions, finally brought a reporter along to witness what he has previously called a “really disgusting, shameful pleasure.”
He was in town filming a Cajun-themed episode for Parts Unknown and had dined on mac and cheese, chicken and biscuits with gravy, and a fountain Dr Pepper at this beacon of hope for three days in a row.
After eating Chinese food for the 10 days before that, “I will weep with gratitude at macaroni and cheese,” he told the magazine.
Do you have a hot restaurant tip? Send an email. Let us get the facts.
Looking for restaurant recs or a place to chat about favorite restaurants? Join Eater NOLA’s Facebook group.
- Anthony Bourdain Has a Popeyes Mac and Cheese Obsession [ENOLA]
- These 14 Restaurants Are Worth a Drive From Metro New Orleans [ENOLA]
- The Last Popeyes Buffet in the World is in Lafayette [ENOLA]
- Anthony Bourdain Would Rather ‘Die in the Saddle’ Than Ever Retire: Inside His Wild Life on the Road [PEOPLE]
- Anthony Bourdain Can’t Quit Popeyes [E]