Praline Connection Express is taking over the former CC’s drive-thru coffee house on Canal Street, according to Eater tipster Sergio Gonzalez and confirmed by a company representative this morning. The sign went up on Monday.
Praline Connection Express is a variant of Praline Connection, which serves up soul food at a full-service restaurant on Frenchman Street and The Praline Connection Candy Shop at the New Orleans International Airport.
The CC’s drive-thru on Canal was the self-proclaimed, only drive-thru coffee shop in the New Orleans metro area. Some city planners thought the structure was “too suburban” for the area, but the project finally got the go-ahead and the owners reportedly injected $750,000 into building it. The coffee house closed after only six months in business.
Praline Connection declined to comment on this story, but Eater will update it when they release more information.
Do you have a hot restaurant tip? Send an email. Let us get the facts.
Looking for restaurant recs or a place to chat about favorite restaurants? Join Eater NOLA’s Facebook group.
- Canal Street Now Has a CC’s Drive Thru For Coffee Drinkers In a Rush [ENOLA]
- New Orleans Gets a Rarity: a Drive-thru Coffee House [CITY BUSINESS]
- CC’s Coffee on Canal Street Closes 6 months After it Opens [NOLA.COM]
- Where to Eat at Louis Armstrong International Airport [ENOLA]
- NOLA Just Got its First Drive-Thru CC’s [CURBED NOLA]