Nationally-recognized Lower Garden District sandwich shop Turkey and the Wolf will be featured on tonight’s episode of Food Network’s Diners, Drive-ins and Dives (December 28) at 8:00 p.m., according to the restaurant’s Facebook page.
Eater’s favorite TV icon, the Platinum Prince Guy Fieri, likely filmed the episode when he was in town last month serving as co-chair for Emeril Lagasse’s annual Boudin, Bourbon, & Beer, which took place on November 9. Entering its 9th year, the event is one of New Orleans’ biggest eating and drinking bashes, attracting about 5,000 people.
Turkey and the Wolf’s “radical” sandwiches with fillings like bologna and potato chips landed it on Eater’s list of Best New Restaurants in America last year, in addition to Bon Appétit calling it the number one best new restaurant in America and Food and Wine naming it as one of the best restaurants of 2017.
Do you have a hot restaurant tip? Noticed a spot in your neighborhood opening or closing? Send an email.
Looking for restaurant recs or a place to chat about favorite restaurants? Join Eater NOLA’s Facebook group.
- Turkey & the Wolf is One of Food and Wine’s Restaurants of the Year [ENOLA]
- The 12 Days of Guy Fieri: A Tribute to a Food TV Icon [EATER]
- Platinum Prince Guy Fieri Is Co-Chairing Emeril Lagasse’s Boudin, Bourbon, and Beer This Year [ENOLA]
- The Radical Sandwich Kings of New Orleans [ENOLA]
- Turkey and the Wolf’s New Breakfast Spot Opens its Doors Today [ENOLA]