The Emeril Lagasse Foundation is throwing its annual tribute to classic Cajun boudin on Friday November 9 this year, with Boudin, Bourbon & Beer taking over Champions Square for an evening of booze and extremely playful (and mostly meaty) dishes.
The culinary charity’s largest fundraising event of the year will bring over 70 local and nationally-known chefs together, each with their own creation centered around boudin (or bourbon, or beer, in some cases) — most notably, Guy Fieri is one of the 2018 co-chairs, joined by Donald Link and Stephen Stryjewski of the Link Restaurant Group. Over on the sweets side, Jacques Torres (known from Netflix’s Nailed It) is also attending (and making bourbon milkshakes) — the full chef list is here.
Meanwhile, here are a few of the most intriguing items from the menu to whet your appetite. Find the full menu over here.
Classic Boudin in a New Setting
- Boudin tamales (Gabriel Beard, Restaurant R’evolution)
- The Bao-din: a bao bun with boudin and kumquad mustard (Michael Gulotta, Maypop)
- Foie gras boudin arancini with heirloom tomato agrodulce (Frank Szymanski, Emeril’s Coastal Italian)
- Crispy boudin rice balls with Chappapeela pork cracklins (Doug Braselman, Emeril’s New Orleans)
Out-There Fusion Creations
- Boudin nachos with fried corn tortillas, black beans, grilled Mexican-spiced boudin, chipotle barbecue sauce, super-melty-cheese, pico, tequila-lime crema, shaved jalapenos, pickled red onions, cilantro, and cotija cheese (Guy Fieri)
- Jamaican jerk boudin patty with cane syrup and Creole mustard (Jimmy Bannos, Chicago’s Purple Pig)
- Pork rillette pecan pie with root beer cane syrup and whipped mustard (Carl Schaubaut, DTB)
- Boudin-stuffed matzo ball soup (Daniel Esses, Rimon)
- Ma-po boudin (Becker Hall and Rene Louapre, Hogs For The Cause)
Not Your Mama’s Boudin Meat
- Oyster and ‘nduja boudin patty with green tomato chow chow and scallion mayo (Anthony Scanio, Emeril’s Delmonico)
- Chicken heart boudin, rye pierogi, hickory jus, and tarentaise (Chad Johnson, Haven & Elevage)
- Alligator boudin popper on a stick (Jacob Cureton, Atchafalaya)
- Turtle boudin with creole potato salad and sherry grain mustard (Joe Maynard, Criollo)
- Boudin, Bourbon & Beer [Official]