An expansion to Space City makes a lot of sense for owners Tanya and Timothy Dubutelet, who say many New Orleans expats who resettled in Houston following Hurricane Katrina hit up Neyow’s for their fix when they’re back in town.
Neyow’s opened in 2010 in a small cornerstore spot in Mid City. By 2016, it needed twice as much space and found it at 3332 Bienville, just one door down from the original.
The Houston Neyow’s, at 6356 Richmond Avenue, will be even bigger — seating as many as 300 people at once. It’ll open in a few weeks.
Do you have a hot restaurant tip? Noticed a spot in your neighborhood opening or closing? Send an email. Let us get the facts.·
Looking for restaurant recs or a place to chat about favorite restaurants? Join Eater NOLA’s Facebook group.
- NOLA’s Essential Creole Spot Will Serve Up Oysters and Po-boys in Houston [Eater Houston]
- The 38 Essential New Orleans Restaurants [ENOLA]
- All Neyow’s Coverage [ENOLA]
- Creole Hotspot Neyow’s Opens Its Big New Location in Mid City [ENOLA]
- At the New Neyow’s in Mid-City, the Same Creole Flavor, a Bigger Gumbo Pot [ADVOCATE]