- Are these the best burgers in New Orleans? Readers respond. [NOLA.COM]
- Neyow’s Creole Café in Mid City robbed by armed men while an employee was cleaning and closing up the popular restaurant on Sunday around 11:35 p.m., according to WWL-TV. The robbers made off with $400 from the cash register. [WWL-TV]
- The Fried Chicken Festival just got renamed: It’s now the National Fried Chicken Festival. Organizers announced a rebranding and a New York tour to engage a national audience. They’ve also added chefs from across the country: New York, Tennessee, South Carolina, Georgia, and more. The second annual National Fried Chicken Festival, presented by Raising Cane's, will take place on Saturday, September 23, 2017 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday, September 24, 2017, from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., at Woldenberg Park in New Orleans.
- The only drive-through coffee shop in Orleans parish, CC’s on Canal Street, has closed and it may be because it was on the wrong side of the street. People who don’t have time to walk in and get coffee apparently don’t have time to u-turn. [NOLA.COM]
- Summer doldrums bring the gift of tons of summer deals. Helen Freund has a list. [GAMBIT]
The Best Burgers in New Orleans, Poll Says
And more top dining intel