Burger Fest lands at Crescent Park on September 8 and 9 as the newest addition to the menu of food festivals in New Orleans. Ian McNulty reports that the new festival will serve as a fundraiser to support free programming provided by People United for Armstrong Park.
Organizer Emanuel Lain Jr.’s group is also the team behind the highly successful Jazz in the Park Treme Crab Festival. According to the report, Lain is fully aware that the number of food festivals is getting a little “ridiculous,” but it’s a great fundraiser.
Here’s a list of spots that have already signed up.
- Chef Johnson Food Truck: lobster cheese burger
- The Praline Connection: hot sausage burger
- Ms. Ackie’s Meals on Wheels: shrimp burger
- Creole Sneaux: crawfish stuffed burger
- Sweat Soul Food: vegan hamburger
- Chef Scott's Creole BBQ: ghetto burger
- Voleo's Seafood Restaurant: crabmeat burger
The event will take place September 8, from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., and on September 8 from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tickets for September 8, with R and B singers Stephanie Mills and Deniece Williams headlining, start at $20. Free admission on September 9, with live music from Cyril Neville, Los Hombres Calientes, Donald Harrison, Otra, Caesar Brothers Funkbox, and N’Awlins Johnnys.