- Moët & Chandon has partnered with Arnaud’s to bring one of the world’s only champagne vending machines to diners in one hell of a gimmicky marketing move. Guests can purchase Moët-branded gold coins at the French 75 Bar for $20 a pop from April 13-16, 2017. The machine is stocked with 320 bottles of Imperial Brut.
- Police are looking for a man “with a noticeable limp,” who allegedly shattered the front glass to break into Midway Pizza Freret (4725 Freret Street) early Thursday morning. From the video surveillance still of the man, it appears that he is dressed as Casper the Friendly Ghost. [UPTOWN MESSENGER]
- Cornet Restaurant (700 Bourbon St) has been crowned the red beans and rice champion in the first Final Fork Challenge. The championship round was held at the Southern Food and Beverage Museum this past weekend, where attendees voted on the the winner. [NOLA.COM]
- Todd Price reports that Blue Dot Donuts, the donut shop opened by three NOPD officers in 2011, has been sold to Zach Foster, the shop's baker and doughnut maker for most of the time it has been open. [NOLA.COM]
- Felix’s, the oyster restaurant that has been in the French Quarter for the last 70 years, will open a second restaurant in Gulfport in May. [SUN HERALD]
- The Tales of the Cocktail Spirited Awards are now open. Get those nominations up before the April 30 deadline. Nobody deserves to win but you.
Arnaud’s Is Getting a Champagne Vending Machine
Plus more top dining intel