- Vogue magazine released recommendations for enjoying what New Orleans has to offer outside the French Quarter. Nods to Church Alley Coffee Bar, Bacchanal, The Country Club, Three Muses, The Spotted Cat, Hi-Ho, Compere Lapin, Commander’s Palace, Peche, Seaworthy, Vessel, N7, and Parkway Tavern. [VOGUE]
- Baton Rouge is getting three Dat Dog locations, one in the city and two in the ‘burbs, in late 2017. The three Baton Rouge locations will open under Dat Dog's first wave of franchisees. Dat Dog opened on Freret Street in New Orleans in 2011 and has locations on Magazine Street, Frenchmen Street, and Lakeside Mall in Metairie. [THE ADVOCATE]
- Fresh off the news that Houston is getting its very own Doris Metropolitan, it has been announced that Houston is also getting a Dat Dog. Other New Orleans exports arriving in Houston include a PJ’s Coffee and Tea and a new John Besh venture in the ritzy River Oaks neighborhood.
- Eater National explores the dangers of eating contests.
- Nora McGunnigle has all the beer news, from the opening of Port Orleans on May 9 to two new beer and home-brew festivals.
- The NOPD is asking for help from the public in identifying a man who allegedly stole $30 from the SWEG’s (231 N. Carrollton Ave) tip jar and fled the scene by bicycle.
Vogue Tells Readers How to Eat in NOLA Like a Local
And other top dining intel