- A former service station at 3200 South Carollton Ave. has just been approved for demolition — and will become either a sports bar or a coffee shop with a drive-thru component. Looks like the new owners are favoring a sports bar, while others are sincerely hoping for the coffee option. [UPTOWN MESSENGER]
- The dates for the 2017 Farm & Table Experience have been announced — and it’s a bit different than usual. This year’s event is happening September 7-9, at the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. All events are open to the public; registration begins in June.
- Tonight, Bourbon House is having an all-oyster four-course meal — dessert included (think: oyster beignets.) Yum? Yuck? Who knows. [NOLA.COM]
- Blue Oak BBQ (at 900 N. Carrollton Ave.) was given top prize at Hogs for the Cause; Frey Smoked Meat was the runner up. The event also raised $1.3 million for charity. [GAMBIT]
- Church Alley has picked up and moved — from Central City to Mid-City. Along with top-notch third-wave coffee drinks and small eats, the new spot at 4201 Canal St. also still houses The Good Shop, a place for shopping for local wearables by local folks. [NOLA.COM]
Sports Bar (Or Drive-Thru Coffee Shop) Coming to South Carrollton
Plus more top dining intel
by Alison Baitz