It’s the latest fall-out of the sexual harassment allegations that have toppled the Besh Restaurant Group and led to the resignation of the celebrity chef that started the company: Both of John Besh’s TV shows have been dropped from WYES.
UPDATE: Besh’s public television shows have been dropped nationally.
Station president and CEO Allan Pizzato said that the decision was made in light of the allegations against Besh and the Besh Restaurant Group and Besh’s public statements regarding the allegations, Ian McNulty reports in the Advocate.
John Besh’s Family Table began airing in 2013 and was filmed in Besh’s home kitchen. John Besh’s New Orleans began airing in 2011. Both cooking shows have continued to air locally and nationally.
On Saturday, Brett Anderson published a report based on an 8-month investigation into sexual harassment claims against the Besh Restaurant Group. Some allegations mentioned misconduct by Besh himself, as well as co-owner Octavio Mantilla. Since then, Harrah’s Casino New Orleans has dropped the Besh name from its restaurant and Besh has stepped down from the organization he founded.
The company has mentioned no changes to Besh’s ownership in the company or Mantilla’s role in the company.
Besh says he’s going focus on his family.
- John Besh’s Cooking sShows Pulled From WYES After Sexual Harassment Allegations [ADVOCATE]
- Harrah's Casino Severs Ties With John Besh [NOLA.COM]
- John Besh Restaurants Fostered Culture of Sexual Harassment, 25 Women Say [NOLA.COM]
- From Combat Marine to Celebrity Chef: How John Besh Built a Restaurant Empire Post-Katrina [NOLA.COM]
- Tracking Alon Shaya’s Split From John Besh [ENOLA]