Despite a stormy Friday night, the eighth annual Hogs For The Cause was one for the history books, with beautiful weather, a huge crowd, tons of mud and lots of great food--all in the name of raising money for families of children with pediatric brain cancer.
97 teams competed, but only a few could be crowned champions. Here they are.
- Ben Sarrat, Jr. Pork Cook-Off Grand Champion presented by Children's Hospital: Aporkalypse Now
- Whole Hog: Q Smokery
- Pork Shoulder/Butt: Aporkalypse Now
- Ribs: Aporkalypse Now
- Porkpourri: Hogjammin'
- Blue Plate Mayonnaise - Best Side: Swine Spectators
- Martin's Famous Potato Rolls - Perfect Bite: Fat Harry's Fatbacks
- Best Sauce: Hog Dat Nation
- Best Booth: Fleur de Que
- Biggest Fundraiser: Fleur de Que
- Best Friday Night Party: Deuce Pigalow, Pork Gigalo
- Fan Favorite: Mr. Pigglesworth
- The Top Fundraising Team (Raised over $150,000): Fleur de Que
- Teams that raised over $75,000: Fox Brothers BBQ of Atlanta
- Teams that raised over $50,000: Boar's Nest BBQ, Puerco Rico, Deuce Pigalow Pork Gigalo
- Teams that raised over $40,000: Mr. Pigglesworth
- Teams that raised over $30,000: Piggy Stardust, 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon, Team March of the Pigs
- Teams that raised over $20,000: Captain Porkenheime, The Death Chefs
- Teams that raised over $10,000: Hog Dat Nation, Sweet Swine o Mine, Frey Smoked Meats, Squeal of Fortune, Swine and Dine, Chits & Piggles, Magnum PIG, Pigs on Parade
- Hogs Hall of Fame inductees: Jamie Alleyn, team Puerco Rico; Ben and Erin Sarrat, team Hog Dat Nation and "volunteers extraordinaire;" Shannon Pemberton Eustis, team Hogs Banker and volunteer Nathan Gaudet.