Now in its second year, this weekend's Crescent City Farmer's Market fundraiser Moonlight Market is turning out to be one of the hottest fall food events in New Orleans, and one of the most affordable. Tickets include food/drink from 20 exceptional area restaurants, wine shops, local breweries, market vendors and there's live music from King James and the Special Men. At $45 (through today, October 8) or $60 if you get them Friday or at the gate on Saturday, October 10, that's pretty much a steal.
The events goes down at a gussied-up parking garage at 725 Magazine—think chandeliers and brick walls— from 7 to 10 p.m., and honors W. Boatner Reily III, who allowed the farmer's market to start using the Reily Foods Co.'s parking lot at Magazine & Girod as its first space back in 1995, according to Todd Price. The event, Ian McNulty notes, also marks the market's 20th anniversary.
Here is the incredible food (and cocktail) line-up. Again this is all covered in the ticket cost.
- Bacchanal: tomato braised butternut squash with fregula sarda
- Bittersweet Confections: assorted handmade chocolate truffles
- Boucherie: collard greens with crispy cornbread
- Capdeville: vegetable ratatouille with pan-seared Gulf fish
- Carmo: nam khao - Lao crispy rice salad
- Carrollton Market: CCFM tomato gazpacho with Miss Clara's crabmeat
- Clancy's: LA shrimp salad in Belgian endive
- Commander's Palace: Adelaide swizzle, made with Rougaroux Full Moon rum; Oh Mai, made with Rougaroux Full Moon rum
- Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse: fall squash & blue crab soup
- Emeril's: satsuma BBQ shrimp
- Empire Bar: moonlight mint with Rougaroux ; farmers market citrus gin
- Esses Foods: Nero shrimp fra diavolo - black gnocchietti with spicy tomato and shrimp sauce
- High Hat: pumpkin fritters with sahara peppers, radishes, pickled radish greens & sorghum butter
- Imperial Woodpecker Sno-balls: seasonal ingredient focused snowballs - with and without booze
- Kingfish Kitchen + Cocktails: alligator Frito pie
- La Petite Grocery: pickled Gulf shrimp with rainbow carrots, fennel, salsa verde & FL botarga
- Meauxbar: seasonal ingredient inspired parting sweets
- Mopho: roasted eggplant & watermelon salad with toasted garlic & basil
- Peche: smoked tuna dip with crackers & pickled chilies
- St. James Cheese Co.: cheesemonger's mac & cheese with krispy kale & pancetta
- Three Muses: local sweet potato bisque with spiced rye croutons & pecan sour cream