The Louisiana Restaurant Association's fourth annual We Live to Eat Restaurant Week is happening September 8 until September 14. Never heard of it? Judy Walker reports the wonder of it all: "Nearly 50 local restaurants will offer discounts on two-course lunches and three-course dinners. It's a deal: Special lunches will be $20 or less, and the dinners will be $30 or less." There is also a kick-off party tonight at 6 p.m. at The Chicory (610 S. Peters). $25, tickets available here, gets you a taste of various restaurant week menus, plus wine and beer from Stella and Nola Brewing.
Now onward to assessing the menus. Here, now, are the best of the bunch.
· Le Foret has soft shells available for dinner as does Dick & Jenny's, Borgne is doing marinated crab claws at lunch/dinner, and Blue Crab has crab cakes/claws/stuffed crabs available for lunch/dinner. Galatoire's also has crab cakes at lunch/dinner, and The Crazy Lobster has snow crab clusters at dinner.
· John Besh bistro Luke is going off with seasonal delights, from a grilled peach/burrata salad at lunch to lobster/ricotta stuffed squash blossoms at dinner (with entree choice of swordfish or Chappapeela Farms pork shoulder), this is definitely in the running for strongest lunch/dinner menus given the price. Domenica also has a strong showing with a simple lunch/dinner menu featuring red snapper.
· Booty's has tacos and more latin flavors for their $16 lunch, as does La Casita, and Mizado Cocina pulls out the Peruvian/Latin American hits including a salmon ceviche and pork belly potatoes for their $20 lunch.
· Commander's Palace and Cafe Adelaide both feature tons of choices, including their signature turtle soup, for lunch/dinner. SoBou also features myriad options of the fun nature including the illustrious Welcome Cocktail
· Martinique Bistro offers a French trifecta for dinner.
· Filet reigns at Ruth's Chris for lunch/dinner, as well as at Morton's and Galatoire's 33 Bar & Steak for dinner.
· Meanwhile, Mid City gem Rue 127 does roasted quail for dinner and Arnaud's has roasted cornish game hen and alligator rilletes. Fountain Lounge rocks braised short ribs, and Dominique's offers a jerk pork chop with local kale.
· All Restaurant Week Menus [Official Website]
· Kick-off party is Wednesday for We Live to Eat Restaurant Week [NOLA.com]
· All Menu Coverage [-ENOLA-]