- 1.) The Boxcar: Known to pull up at Faubourg Wines, Finn McCool's and Hansen's Sno-Bliz, NOCCA's quasi student-run truck's poutine-like truffle fries are a must order. Schedule on Facebook and
- 2.) St. Clair Woodfire Pizza: This new truck from Toronto native Frankie Ostello appears to just now hitting the streets, with stops at Ms. Mae's. The truck's signature pizza feature prosciutto, fig glaze, arugula and mozz, and they do paninis too
- 3.) Johnny's Jamaican Grill: This illusive new truck does all things Jamaican from jerk chicken to rice and peas , but you won't find their haunts on Facebook. Instead they urge you to call
- 4.) The Holy Grill: This truck has just rolled out onto the streets in the past week, hitting Oak Street with Shawarma Kabob, pita pizzas, philly cheese steaks and more. On Facebook.
- 5.) Guideaux's: This gourmet pasta truck has been slinging Alfredo and pesto penne all over the place, but the team has just announced that they'll be launching a new concept s
- 6.) Crepes a la Cart: You're probably already familiar with these sweet and savory crepes from all your favorite festivals, but their new truck "Nadine" is ultra snazzy and rolls up to Faubourg Wines, City Park, and more festivals. Schedule on
- 7.) Theo's: The New Orleans pizza staple launched their truck earlier this year, and it's been making lots of rounds from Hogs For The Cause, and private events, to nights at Le Bon Temps and Finn McCools. On
With new and improved food truck laws and more available permits, a new wave of food trucks have hit the city in the past few months. While there's certainly still room for more trucks to roll out with lots of local round ups, an official monthly truck night recently getting approval in Fat City and a permanent truck lot planned for Central City recent additions to the scene include vendors specializing in Shawarma kabob, crepes, wood fired pizza, and even Jamaican cuisine. Here are seven newer trucks worth seeking out now. (And as always, truck schedules vary from day to day and are often affected by inclement weather, so do check Facebook and Twitter feeds before heading out.)
Been to one of these trucks or know of another new food truck not on the list ? Tell us your experience in the comments, or send Eater a tip.
· NOLA Food Trucks [Official Website]
· My House NOLA [Official Website]
· All Food Truck Coverage [-ENOLA-]