Today the US takes on Germany in the World Cup, which means you're likely wondering where to catch the game. While you should defintely check out these neighborhood bars, sports bars, restaurants, and German bier halls on Eater's World Cup Map including J&J Sports Lounge, Markey's, Mannings and more--tipsters have been sending in even more places to catch the game, as well as some World Cup food/drink specials. Here they are:
· Lost Love Lounge will be airing the game. 2527 Dauphine.
· R Bar is opening at 10:45 a.m. From their Facebook page: "what the hell - victory shots if we win, too." 1431 Royal.
· Midway Pizza has been showing World Cup on the big screen and PBR now on draft. 4725 Freret.
· Uptown haunt The Kingpin opens at 11 a.m. for the game. 1307 Lyons.
· Pizza Nola has $2-off any 18" pizza during all World Cup games (dine-in only or pick one up and head across the street to the Basin). For today's game, they're also doing a $1-off any bottled beer and $5.99 sandwiches & wraps. 141 W Harrison in Lakeview.
· Verret's Lounge has the World Cup playing every day with food and drink specials at 1728 Washington.
· Mid City's Treo is opening doors at 10:45 for a non-smoking game environment. Full menu available at 11 a.m. 3835 Tulane.
Know more places airing the game or running World Cup specials? Send 'em via email or hit the comments and we'll keep updating all morning long.
· World Cup Soccer & Booze: Where To Get Both in NOLA [-ENOLA-]
· All Event Planning [-ENOLA-]
J&J Sports Lounge [Photo: Brasted]