Chef Scott Maki, formerly of Rambla, will be heading the kitchen at upcoming Maple Street Patisserie et Bistro, according to scoop master Todd A. Price. The new Mid City bakery and restaurant plans to open at 8300 Earhart by the second week of May, with full-service breakfast and lunch service and lots of in house production of meats/condiments and all dat.
Meanwhile owners Ziggy Cichowski and Patricia-Ann Donahue have more expansions up their sleeves, including:
· Plans to take over/renovate the recently shuttered Artz Bagelz shop at 3138 Magazine, where they'll do classic deli and breakfast sandwiches under the name Maple Street Patisserie et Deli. That location should open in mid-May, and will have night time hours as well with coffee and pastries.
· Plans to open a large commissary in two weeks to aid in baking, wholesale, and upcoming bagel production
· The addition of newly hired pastry chef Thomas McGovern, a former executive pastry chef a couple Ritz-Carlton hotels, who specializes in chocolate and "will expand Maple Street's dessert offerings."
· Maple Street Patisserie hires chef Scott Maki, takes over former Artz Bagelz [NOLA.com]
· All Expansion Wires [-ENOLA-]
[Photos: Facebook/Google Maps]