No, this is NOT an April Fools joke: The Times-Pic and The Advertiser both report that a woman who purchased two Starbucks drinks at the shopping monstrosity known as the Mall of Louisiana was horrified to discover two 'Satanic' renderings done in caramel on coffee foam The classic middle-schoolian 666 and a pretty well-rendered pentagram so she did what anybody with a cell phone and a dirty little slab of food court table would do, she posted them to Starbuck's Facebook page, where the post quickly gathered over 1,500 likes and shares.
Starbucks has since apologized, but the real gem here is the woman's description of the "beautiful" caramel "artwork," and the likening of Starbuck's logo to a pentagram. From Megan K. Pinion's description of the artiste's work via Facebook post:
The star is almost okay because it is in your Starbucks logo, the 666, however was quite offensive. I am in no way judging his beliefs or dis-meriting his beautiful artwork, I am however judging his lack of professionalism and respect for others. I am a teacher in the public school system and if I were to present a child of atheist or pagan believers with a Christian art project I could be sued in a heartbeat.
But it's the metal heads that are truly being overlooked in this situation. Here now are the most METAL comments of some 1,068 from this Facebook post...
· What if its a 999, just saying
· Guess you could say.... that coffee was hot as hell
· New death metal band name: Satanic caramel drizzle
· When did Sam and Dean start working at Starbucks?
· But you still drank it, didn't you?
· Obviously this lady does not know her coffee. Any coffee connoisseur knows that satanic coffee has a smokey bold flavor that you just can't get anywhere else
· better not drink it or you will open a portal for the dark lord
· Starbucks is so Metal.
· It's sad days when Satan has to get a job at Starbucks.
· I guess you could say it was a HELL OF A COFFEE
· ENJOY YOUR METAL COFFEEEEE
· I'd be mad too! There isn't nearly enough caramel!
· I'm sad. I go there all the time and no one' sever drawn anything rad in my coffee.
· Pretty sure prices of Starbucks coffee are acts of satan.
· Thumbs up, Slayer fans!!
· I worked at a pizza joint when I was teen. I did the same thing with the sauce. Lol good times.
· its satan for your thighs
· It's just not metal enough
· I think its creative
· Starbucks apologizes to Baton Rouge woman for Satanic symbols in coffee foam [Advertiser]
· Starbucks apologizes for satanic symbols in coffee foam at Baton Rouge [NOLA.com]
· All Starbucks Coverage [-ENOLA-]