The James Beard Foundation has just announced the final nominees for the 2014 James Beard Awards, so make sure to head over to Eater National for a look at the full list of finalists. Book, Broadcast and Journalism Award winners will be announced Friday, May 2, while winners in the chefs and restaurant categories will be announced on Monday, May 5 at Lincoln Center's Avery Fisher Hall in New York City.
New Orleans' finalists for Best Chef South:
· Justin Devillier, La Petite Grocery, New Orleans
· Ryan Prewitt, Pêche Seafood Grill, New Orleans
· Alon Shaya, Domenica, New Orleans
· Sue Zemanick, Gautreau's, New Orleans
And for Best New Restaurant:
Todd A. Price also notes that Guy Martin's Garden & Gun piece "A Tale of Two Kitchens," which is nominated for an M.F.K. Fisher award for outstanding writing, is about Galatoire's and Mimi's in the Marigny. Also, Nola Native/Oxford, Mississippi's City Grocery chef John Currence is nominated in the American cookbook category for "Pickles, Pigs & Whiskey."
· Here Are the 2014 James Beard Awards Finalists [-EN-]
· James Beard Foundation announces nominees for annual award [NOLA.com]
· All Awards Season [-ENOLA-]