UPDATE 1/17: Treo will be open late next week, and not open for cocktails this weekend.
Mid City continues to represent in 2014 with the Gambit's Scott Gold now reporting that Treo, the new cocktail/small plates/community hub from Finn McCool's owners, is opening next week at 3835 Tulane Ave.
They may even be open for cocktails-only this weekend (shhh). Stephen and Pauline Patterson's highly anticipated new venture features chef James Cullen most recently of St. Lawrence in the kitchen, and he has quite a lot to reveal about the place after the jump. This is certain to be a huge boost for the revitalization efforts along the Tulane corridor, with Treo joining newly opened/renovated neighbor Namese in what looks like a continuation of very good things to come for this section of Mid City.
Here's what Cullen reveals to Scott Gold about Treo:
· It's primarily a cocktail lounge with craft booze, beer, and wine.
· Cuisine will draw from different influences, including Irish, southern Louisiana comfort food, and "fresh charcuterie, pâtés, sausages, terrines."
· Plates will hover around $8-$10.
· There's forty-five seats, and it's non-smoking.
· Full kitchen will be up and running in February. Until then Cullen says, "we're going to start initially with the bar with some small bites."
· Outdoor area planned to open in Spring.
· Building also includes arts center, which will host arts exhibits, and culinary-themed classes (knife skills, mixology, etc.)