Robert Morris gets the scoop on a possible Sylvain expansion Uptown this week. Gastropub savants Sean McCusker and Robert LeBlanc (also of Capdeville/Ste. Marie) are looking at the former Duke Morgan Spa at 3607 Mag (by dat Harry's Ace, y'all) as the possible site of their next potentially exceptional restaurant, Manor on Magazine.
Over a year ago Eater reported on an older, cooler brother of Sylvain in the works, projected for the Quarter. Is this it? Very well could be, as the duo met with Faubourg Delachaise Neighborhood Association to discuss their plans, and it sounds like the neighborhood is on board.
Here's what Manor on Magazine will potentially be like:
· The restaurant will be similar to Sylvian in terms of menu, emphasis on Southern rather than just New Orleans fare
· Atmosphere will feel like an 'old-style inn' a la Brigtsens
· Manor will have a more 'refined' family-oriented atmosphere than Sylvain ie. a neighborhood place.
· Floor plan includes 55 seats, and a bar that seats 9
· There's apparently 22 off-street parking spots
· 12 of these parking spots are at WRBH reading-radio across the street, which will be closed during their dinner hours
· There will be outdoor seating on a front patio overlooking Magazine
Now LeBlanc and McCusker must ride City Hall's permitting tilt-a-whirl, which could "take at least until January with another five months or so of construction afterward" before you're looking at a full-fledged restaurant that's also allowed to serve booze (start betting now: will there be go cups?). If all goes as planned, this would be a Fall 2014 opening at the earliest, and a highly anticipated one at that.
· Owners of Sylvain Consider Uptown Location on Magazine For New Restaurant [UptownMessenger]
· All Expansions [-ENOLA-]