The Louisiana Restaurant Association's We Live to Eat Restaurant Week is happening right now until September 15. Never heard of it? Todd A. Price reports the wonder of it all: "nearly 50 local restaurants will offer two-course lunches for less than $20 and three-course dinners for less than $35." And it's a means for indulgence, reports NoDef's Emma Boyce: "August is unaccessible to many New Orleanians 52 weeks out of the year. For restaurant week, the culinary hotspot prepares a mix of surf and turf to satiate both the carnivore and the pescetarian." With all that in mind, check out Eater's guide to the best of the Restaurant Week menus.
· Arnaud's is offering a dinner-only menu with choices of bacon wrapped frog legs and fried Louisiana shrimp with pork rinds. Yeah you right. $35.
· August has a dinner-only menu, but you have to make the difficult choice between a bone marrow or crab/jellyfish/shrimp salad appetizer. $35.
· Domenica is also doing a dinner menu, with choices of pastas, carpaccio, lots of local produce/meat, and gelato-infused desserts you'd expect from Alon Shaya and the gang. $35.
· Ste. Marie, the CBD stunner, is doing a lunch and dinner prix fixe, featuring their house yakamein, carrot miso mussels, and more of chef Kristen Essig's specialties. $20 lunch, $35 dinner.
· SoBou has, by far, the most thorough lunch and dinner menu offerings, with TONS of choices that range from downright naughty? Cajun queso with cracklins? to elusive? conch fritters, hey. Plus, it's the perfect chance to try their foie gras burger. $12-$15 lunch, $25-$30 dinner.
· Pascal's Manale has both a 3-course lunch and dinner menu with, contain yourself, choice of FRIED CALAMARI at lunchtime. Don't tell T-Fitz. $19 lunch, $34 dinner.
· Lüke is offering lunch and dinner, including their impeccable fried squash blossoms on both (lunchtime version comes with a heirloom tomato/burratta salad). $20 lunch, $35 dinner.
· Ralph's on the Park is doing lunch and dinner. Gnocchi alert: the dinner menu features a shroom-tastic version with Mississippi shitakes and shaved black truffle. $17 lunch, $35 dinner.
· We Live To Eat Restaurant Week Returns to NOLA With Prix Fixe Deals [NOLA.com]
· Restaurant Week Feeds NOLA With Deal Meals [NoDef]
· All Eater Guides [-ENOLA-]