Drumroll, please. The Eater Young Guns class of 2013 has just been revealed. The goal of Eater Young Guns is to identify the most promising up-and-coming talent in the restaurant industry, from the front of the house to the back. The criteria: Nominees must either be under 30 years of age or have worked in their chosen field for less than five years. They must be currently employed in the hospitality industry in the United States. And they must show extraordinary promise. Thousands were nominated. Semi-finalists were chosen. Now, an esteemed committee has selected the winning 15.
Sadly, New Orleans' only seminfinalist, Grant Waters of Maurepas Foods, didn't make the Eater Young Guns Class of 2013, but he still rocks. Below you'll find a full list of the winning 15.
· Shion Aikawa, Director of Operations, Ramen Tatsu-Ya, Austin, TX
· Mike Brown, Chef/Co-owner, Travail and Pig Ate My Pizza, Robbinsdale, MN
· Alyssa DiPasquale, Manager and Advanced Sake Professional, O Ya, Boston, MA
· Jeremy Hoffman, Chef de Cuisine, Restaurant Eve, Alexandria, VA
· Ryan Lachaine, Sous Chef, Underbelly, Houston, TX
· Matt Lackey, Executive Chef, Flyte World Dining and Wine, Nashville, TN
· Jessica Largey, Chef de Cuisine, Manresa, Los Gatos, CA
· Mitch Lienhard, Sous Chef, Grace, Chicago, IL
· Jayce McConnell, Bar Program Manager, Snackbar, Oxford, MS
· Brooks Reitz, General Manager, The Ordinary, Charleston, SC
· Alissa Rozos, Pastry Chef, St. Jack, Portland, OR
· Hourie Sahakian, Pastry Chef, Short Cake, Los Angeles, CA
· Mark Schieber, Cook and Kitchen Manager, Forequarter, Madison, WI
· Henri Schock, Proprietor and Wine Director, Bottlehouse, Seattle, WA
· Jason Wang, President, Xi'an Famous Foods, New York, NY
The Eater Young Guns Class of 2013 will be celebrated at a gala event in Los Angeles on Monday, June 24. Young Guns Eve, a public tasting event featuring many of the winning chefs, takes place the night before on June 23.