clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Fire Wire

nile5%3A16.jpegSusan Langenhennig reports that the Nile Ethiopian Restaurant on Magazine Street has been closed since mid-April when a fire broke out nextdoor. The restaurant suffered damage to the electrical system and the ceiling was soaked via efforts to extinguish the blaze that started at the neighboring Diva's Shoe Box. Renovations are about to begin, and owner Tessaye Mendesha says they hope to reopen in just a few weeks. [NOLA.com]

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for the Eater New Orleans newsletter

The freshest news from the local food world