The James Beard Foundation has just announced the final nominees for the 2013 James Beard Awards (check out New Orleans' semi-finalists here). The winners of each category will be announced on Monday, May 6, 2013 at Lincoln Center's Avery Fisher Hall in New York City.
New Orleans put the smack down in the Best Chef South category, sweeping four out of the five finalist spots. Congratulations and good luck to the the following well-deserving New Orleans' nominees:
· Justin Devillier, La Petite Grocery, for Best Chef South
· Sue Zemanick, Gautreau's, for Best Chef South
· Alon Shaya, Domenica, for Best Chef South
· Tory McPhail, Commander's Palace, for Best Chef South
· August for Outstanding Restaurant
· Slade Rushing and Allison Vines-Rushing, MiLa owners/chefs and authors of Southern Comfort, for Cookbooks: American Cooking