Popular Uptown diner Slim Goodies (3322 Magazine) caught on fire yesterday evening during the Super Bowl, reports the Times-Pic's Naomi Martin. The home of hangover food galore was closed for business when it caught on fire around 7:15 p.m. A person walking by noticed the smoke and called 911.
The counter and a refrigerator were destroyed, but all the photos and drawings on the wall are fine, owner Kappa Horn tells the Times-Pic . Horn says the fire was "likely sparked by an electrical short-circuit that has been an ongoing problem," one that will hopefully be fixed this time, and the diner hopes to reopen as soon as this Friday, February 8.
Slim Goodies [Photo: Facebook]