clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Slim Goodies Catches on Fire During Super Bowl

Popular Uptown diner Slim Goodies (3322 Magazine) caught on fire yesterday evening during the Super Bowl, reports the Times-Pic's Naomi Martin. The home of hangover food galore was closed for business when it caught on fire around 7:15 p.m. A person walking by noticed the smoke and called 911.

The counter and a refrigerator were destroyed, but all the photos and drawings on the wall are fine, owner Kappa Horn tells the Times-Pic . Horn says the fire was "likely sparked by an electrical short-circuit that has been an ongoing problem," one that will hopefully be fixed this time, and the diner hopes to reopen as soon as this Friday, February 8.

· Slim Goodies experiences small fire during Super Bowl 2013; owner expects quick reopening [NOLA.com]
· All Fire Wires [-ENOLA-]

Slim Goodies [Photo: Facebook]

Slim Goodies Diner

3322 Magazine Street, , LA 70115 (504) 891-3447 Visit Website

Slim Goodies

3322 Magazine Street, New Orleans, LA 70115

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for the Eater New Orleans newsletter

The freshest news from the local food world