Ever since the Wyndham Riverfront Hotel has transformed into the Bud Light Hotel, and The Talk plastered their signage to the Andrew Jackson statute in in Jackson Square, it's obvious that our city has officially turned into Super Bowleans. Whales are swimming in a sea of champagne, police motorcades are the new SUV, and everywhere you turn Lil Wayne and Drew Brees are posing for pictures.
Yes, it's shaping up to be the ultimate party weekend for whales. And while most of these parties are invite only, there are a few that somebody with an extra $2,000 lying around could partake in. Here's a look at the biggest Super Bowl parties this weekend for celebs, athletes, and other high rolling VIPs.
· The ESPN Next Party at Tad Gormley Stadium is VIP only, so don't even try to roll up on City Park tonight. Cee Lo Green and Goodie Mob will supposedly perform to a crowd that sounds ever so strange... Michael Vick, Tom Arnold, and Alyssa Milano in a room together? Somebody's going to lose an eye, especially if Cee Lo brings the parrot.
· Former Playboy bunnies Jenny McCarthy, Audrina Partridge, and Kendra Wilkinson, will surely be studying for their GEDs at tonight's Leather & Laces party at Second Line Stages. The party continues Saturday night with Sports Illustrated model Brooklyn Decker, Rachel Leigh Cook, and other people who like to wear leather hot pants. If you got an extra $400-$2,000 in your money clip, tickets are available.
· The Playboy Party lands up the Jackson Brewery Bistro Bar tonight. VIP only. Deputy Dewey David Arquette and the LA Bootsy Bellows crew parties alongside bunnies and whales, overlooking to mighty Mississip. Rapper B.O.B. performs.
· Rolling Stone Live hosts their shinding at the 'Bud Light Hotel' for invited guests like Sir Paul McCartney, and performances by Pitbull and Flo Rida.
· The Audi Forum New Orleans hosts an invite-only cocktail party at the Ogden tonight with special guests including Will Ferrell and Emmitt Smith. On Saturday, the space will become an afterhours party that starts at midnight with DJs Solange Knowles (Beyonce's sister) and Diplo.
· If you want to see Snoop Dogg and other whales beach themselves during a celebrity football game, you can line up at Mardi Gras World, and hope to get in for the DirecTV 7th Annual Celebrity Beach Bowl. Doors at 11:35 a.m., Game at 1 p.m. Expected players, reports the Times-Pic, also include Chace Crawford, Jenny McCarthy, Artie Lange and more. Pitbull performs after the game and trophy presentation.
· Celebrities will have enough time to clean the sand out of their cleavage before heading back to Mardi Gras World to see Justin Timberlake perform for the first time in five years at the DirecTV Super Saturday Night, a VIP only party. Guests include Alicia Keys, Nick Cannon, and the butterscotch stallion Owen Wilson.
· The Maxim Party at Second Line Stages is sponsored by Patron, and supposedly includes a Greek theme with living statues and model types dressed as gods. VIP-only guests include the mayor of Flavor Town, Guy Fieri and Man vs. Food host Adam Richman. One can only hope they show up in togas.
· The invite-only GQ Super Bowl Party at The Elms Mansion will bring the party to the Garden District. Lil Wayne is going to bring the Tussin, and supposedly perform, so don't be surprised if it's a full on groupie shit show along St. Charles Avenue.
· Jay-Z hosts A Bold New Expression of Cognac at the Warehouse District club, The Republic, with a performance by DJ JUS SKE.
· Taste of the NFL's 'Party With A Purpose' takes over the Enerst N. Morial Convention Center, with food and wine tasting from amazing chefs representing 32 NFL team markets, and NFL players galore. Soul Asylum is also playing and teh Cake Boss will be there. Admission is $600, or $7,000 for a VIP table of 10.
· A Hennessy post-game party at The Republic (cognac-central?) features a performance by hip-hop icon Nas. VIP only.
Further Reading: USA Today, ESPN Women, Times-Pic
· All Whale Coverage [-ENOLA-]
· All Super Bowl Coverage [-ENOLA-]