The Gambit just released their annual "40 Under 40," a listicle of 40 people who are under 40 and, uh, "accomplished." In their own words, here's how it works: "Every year (except 2005), Gambit solicits nominations from the public, then honors 40 people under the age of 40 for their accomplishments and the contributions they have made to New Orleans." Which means, we guess, that if you don't like the list, make your own nominations for next year to get them considered. Unless the people you want to nominate turn 40 between now and then, in which case: rut ro.
As usual (and this is a good thing), the list is pretty heavy on educators, non-profit people and activists. Some food and restaurant people made the list, too:
· Henry Albert, owner of Rare Cuts, the high-end meat retail store upton.
· Jeff Baron, co-owner of The Dough Bowl (aka Boot Pizza), Crescent Pie & Sausage Company and newly-opened Pizzicare.
· Becker Hall and Rene Louapre, founders of the annual Hogs for the Cause barbecue competition and fundraiser. (Louapre is also one-half of the team at Blackened Out.)
· Yuki Yamaguchi, chef and owner of Yuki Izakaya, the Frenchmen Street Japanese tavern.
· Gambit's 40 Under 40 [Gambit]
· All Awards Season Coverage on Eater NOLA [-ENOLA-]
[Photo: Hogs for the Cause]